Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Yep.

Because I know you want it - Dinh quote of the day, beginning our discussion of Bush v. Gore: "We can't be talking about that stuff. We have way more important things to talk about, like who should be Preside- I mean, what the Constitution says about elections."

Sometimes I read parts of health books/recommendation guides and I wonder if the people who write them are thinking to themselves, "Huh. I wonder what I can make people do." For those of you who aspire to write such guides (you mischievous manipulators, you), I have compiled a few helpful keywords/phrases, guaranteed to attract and compel some action from your readers - even when you tell them to do ridiculous things, like sleep in a certain compass alignment or elevate their feet for 15 minutes while lying in the sun.
-improve circulation
-improve (insert organ here) function
-extract nutrients
-balance digestive energy
-naturally draw out toxins
-naturally do, well, anything
-blah blah blah sunshine blah blah blah breathe deeply blah posture blah

You don't even have to give me credit for those. Really, guys, anything I can do to further the body of health literature....I am but a mere servant. But honestly- it's kind of like an earthy Simon Says+Truth or Dare, isn't it?

The next entry will be something of substance, I promise. I'm sorry that all you're getting is the mushy leftovers of my brain. To be fair, it's all anyone is getting right now. The next post will tell you stories about spoken word adventures and ways my heart is responding to Jesus. That'll be neat, won't it?

For now, here are some pictures worth at least 500 words.

Library time. I think I might have been about done with Civil Procedure at this point.

A march I saw, for civil rights...they kept yelling, "What are you afraid of???" I walked with them for awhile, and we became friends.

Sticking my feet in the water at a Friday jazz concert in front of the Archives...*sigh*

Hanging out at Busboys & Poets with Wade and Cindy, after spending our Sunday morning (and afternoon, haha) at Galbraith African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church.



P.S. A tip of the hat to online Georgetown Law Library tutorials, who make me take silly quizzes about the anatomy of statutes but then reward me with enthusiastic clapping sound effects when I get a question right.

No comments:

Post a Comment