Thursday, September 16, 2010

I want to go to there

Look at this. Just...look at it. This is Halong Bay, in Vietnam, and ever since my (new? I'm afraid to use this word now, thanks Cindy) friend Bruce told me about his adventures there I can't get it out of my subconscious. To be fair to Bruce and my subconscious, I haven't tried very hard. This is everything I want in an early morning kayak...it's almost "deeper, more wonderful, more like places in a story: a story you have never heard but very much want to know," to quote Mr. Lewis.


Not a morning person? Don't like my abstract words? OK, you Philistine. How about this picture?



That's got to do at least something in your barren soul.

Alright, back to a CivPro study session with a study buddy in the cafe below the gym...punctuated by the friendly neighborhood sounds of earthquakes and bombs being dropped.

Oh, no, pardon, that's just people ignoring the "Don't Drop the Weights" sign on the floor above us - my mistake.

Love. :)

1 comment: